Re: Release plans

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:19:37 +0000

Robert J. Chassell writes:

     > I am saying that the current laws, international treaties, and
     > experience send us to the GNU Public License, version 3.  You may not
     > like the current laws and international treaties; I don't; technology
     > makes it easier to copy than before.  Unfortunately, the current laws
     > and international treaties exist and their backers are powerful.

    And this is related to communitarian freedom ... how?

Laws and international treaties have to do with other people.  They are
not individualistic in that sense.  When you make a decision involving
others, the consequences don't involve you alone.  A community has other
people in it.

You may prefer your community to be more individualistic -- I do with my
own -- but regardless, a community as other people in it.  It is a
matter of degree.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden