Re: Problems building CVS Emacs on Windows XP using MinGW

From: Francis Litterio
Subject: Re: Problems building CVS Emacs on Windows XP using MinGW
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:04:49 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Here are a few questions, for starters:

Eli,

I sat down to compose the answers to your above questions and figured I
would start by re-running my build so I could enumerate each of the .el
files that failed to compile.

... but the build succeeded!

I am utterly confused.  I cannot think of a single change to my system
that I've made in the last week.

I have now removed my source tree, checked out the source, and done a
successful "bootstrap" build _ten_ times in a row!  I can't make it
fail.

I've checked out both with and without the cvs "-kb" switch.  I'm
checking out from the same CVS server as before.  I have neither
installed nor uninstalled any software on this machine.  I'm building in
the same directory on the same disk I used when I saw the failures.  I
have not changed my PATH variable.  I have approximately the same amount
of free disk space.

Unless I can reproduce the failure, this may have to remain a mystery.
--
Fran