Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:40:03 +0000

Hi, Stephen!

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:11:34PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> God, you're smart, Tom.  At least in the "finding the head of the nail
> so you can whack it with a hammer" sense. ;-)

Dangerous - aiming for (car nail), you might cdr it, and at the next
swipe hit toe nail instead of tail nail, carnage indeed.

> I conclude that this thread is a waste of time ....

At least, it has become so.

> Lennart should go customize his .emacs ....

Not meaning to be unkind to Lennart, but we've ALL lost critical files by
doing stupid things.  At least I have, and it cost me several days of
hard (but interesting) grind to recover the bulk of that file.

Aren't there effective file undelete programs for MS-Windows?  There
certainly were for MS-DOS's FAT file system.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany)