Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?

From: Manoj Srivastava
Subject: Re: Why @#! is not Emacs using the Recycle bin on w32?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:32:26 -0500

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 16:11:17 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden>
said:

> Taylor Venable wrote:
>>> As I explained in a previous message, what I propose is an interface
>>> for trash can handling that always comes with the system. There need
>>> not be any implementation behind that interface. The deleting
>>> routine should ask the interface.
>>
>> This "comes with the system" thing doesn't make very much sense to
>> me.  You could use something like Gentoo where practically everything
>> is optional, so there is very little idea of what "comes with the
>> system."  I think if you want to address the issue you need to focus
>> on a specification-compliant desktop environment, rather than saying
>> "GNU/Linux" because the latter is simply too vague.

> Yes, of course. Fortunately (as have been said in this thread) it
> looks like freedesktop.org is addressing this issue.

        You can't assume that a GNU/Linux graphical environment has
 anything whatsoever to do with freedesktop.org.  At debconf earlier
 this month, I raely saw anyone using the default GNOME/KDE
 environments -- and I personally use fvwm as a window manager, so there
 is no trashcan -- thank goodness.

        manoj
--
"The geeks shall inherit the earth." Karl Lehenbauer
Manoj Srivastava <address@hidden> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>