Re: Release plans

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 19:18:51 -0700

Richard M. Stallman wrote:
    > I also worry that it will be harder for most developers to understand
    > and change -- or even to use.  For instance, making redisplay operate
    > on that data structure could be very hard for that reason.

    I don't see any reason that code would *need* to change.

I think lots of the redisplay code operates directly on buffer
contents.  Other primitives too.

If you would, please point me to a specific line of code or two
that illustrates what you mean.  I was poking around in the code
before trying to answer you and I didn't spot anything that
looked problematic but I don't claim to know that code well,
either.

-t