Re: An Emacs plug-in for a browser (Firefox?)

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: An Emacs plug-in for a browser (Firefox?)
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 03:12:16 -0400

To make Emacs display web pages with their correct appearance is a
gigantic job.  I don't think that linking Emacs with a web browser
display engine is a feasible method.

I proposed years ago that we extend Emacs to the point where it can
function as a word processor.  This is mainly a matter of adding
features that let you put things in a buffer (and save them in files)
to get various kinds of formatting effects.  To display web pages is an
even more distant goal; it requires MORE new buffer and display
features.

I would be very glad to see people start working on some of them.