Re: how to promote the new font backend?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: how to promote the new font backend?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 01:26:14 +0800

address@hidden wrote:
Recently I reinstalled my primary workstation with fc9. I noticed lots
of weird font issues with emacs.

What kinds of issues? They might indicate a bug.

How do we provide nice font defaults for new users?

The default font if XFT is configured is monospace-12. Most fontconfig installations will map this to a modern font capable of using antialiasing. Does your installation fail to map it, or map it to a bitmap font?