Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:39:53 -0400

    But I would be wary of pulling in a full-fledged XML machinery just to
    edit (pure) PHP source just because it is sometimes embedded in (X)HTML
    templates.

That would be a problem, but we can easily avoid it.  Here are two
ways.

* Make `php-mode' check whether there is HTML or XML in the file
and choose the mode accordingly.

* Arrange for mumamo not to call `nxml-mode' unless/until you move
point into an HTML chunk.

You're worried about a hypothetical problem in the detail of the
implementation.  That problem might happen, and if it does, we will
fix it.  So there is no point worrying about it now.