Re: CVS HEAD still broken for OSX

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD still broken for OSX
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 10:33:03 -0700

>>>>> "Adrian" == Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

Adrian> Also, what is the history of the error -- from what you say
Adrian> you got it before, then someone fixed it, now it has reappeared?

No, I haven't been able to do a "make all install" without "bootstrap"
on the new config yet.

Here's how I repeat the error, using the CVS view:

  make distclean
  ./configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --with-ns
  make bootstrap install

At this point, I have a working nextstep/Emacs.app with .1 of the DOC file
properly installed.  Now, pretending I've gone up to the next day, and have
pulled some new CVS updates, and want to do an incremental build...

  cvs up
  touch src/nsterm.m # stimulate a rebuild even if not needed for this test
  make all install

And in this pass, the .2 version of the DOC file is *not* installed properly
(although it's built properly), and thus nextstep/Emacs.app is no longer
functional.  A new "bootstrap install" works fine though, but takes a lot
longer since I'm throwing everything away every time.

Somewhere, for the incremental build, the paths are getting mangled.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>