Re: tool-bar related errors when loading compile.el

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: tool-bar related errors when loading compile.el
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

  > I get the appended backtrace when loading compile.el.  I don't use
  > tool-bars, and it looks like compile.el is doing tool-bar stuff, so
  > maybe the problem is caused by this change:
  >
  >    2008-10-04  Dan Nicolaescu  <address@hidden>
  >
  >            * faces.el (x-create-frame-with-faces): Only setup the toolbar if
  >            tool-bar-mode is on.
  >
  > The command I used to get the backtrace was just:
  >
  >    M-x load-library RET compile.el RET
  >
  > Here's the backtrace:

You turn the tool-bar off in .Xdefaults, right? (the bug does not show
otherwise). I do that too, but I have been running without .Xdefaults
for a few days to find a fix for bug#1066, otherwise I would have caught
this. :-(

I reverted the patch.
Help finding a solution for bug#1066 from someone that understands how
the toolbar setup is supposed to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        --dan