Re: Left chinese double quote character?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Left chinese double quote character?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:46:32 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden writes:

> Quoting Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>:
> > By the way, Jason, what is the reason of putting a list of
> > scripts in :script property of font entities?

> The list of supported Unicode subranges is available when listing the fonts
> installed on the system, but there seems no documented way to get the list for
> an opened font, short of listing matching fonts again (which is very slow) or
> manually decoding the truetype font data. So I had to carry this information
> with the font entity, and using the same property name as is used to query it
> seemed like a good idea at the time.

I see.  Ok, I'll document it, and handle a script list
properly in the other place too.

> But I think the original problem here is caused by the
> fact that this character lies in the vast "symbol" range,
> for which Emacs requires the font have characters for
> U+201C, U+2300 and U+2500.

But, script-representative-chars was changed to contain this
entry:
        (symbol . [#x201C #x2200 #x2500])
which means that a font must support at most one of those
characters is supported.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden