Re: [Emacs.app dev]: issues with NextStep (Cocoa) port: epa-file and fre

From: Carsten Bormann
Subject: Re: [Emacs.app dev]: issues with NextStep (Cocoa) port: epa-file and frequent crashes
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:40:34 +0100

On Nov 02 2008, at 15:04, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

at random times it dies altogether

One problem that needs to be fixed is that fatal_error_signal/ shut_down_emacs/ns_term_shutdown essentially hides the bugs -- when Emacs runs into an abort(), this "cleans up" and makes sure there is no trace of the bug anywhere. So we never find out what exactly hit Emacs. I'd rather see a nice OSX crash report.

(Yes, I'm seeing random crashes, too, and an absolutely reproducible one that Adrian can't reproduce: Click on "Options" in the menu bar and Emacs is gone. There must be something about my environment as well.)

Gruesse, Carsten