Re: & and M-& to run programs asynchronously

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: & and M-& to run programs asynchronously
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:13:04 +0100

>> This plan was not completed. The next step would be to add M-& which
>> would work like M-! but asynchronously.
>>
>> For a summary of the discussion so far, see the parent thread.
>
> This is already implemented in
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/99764/focus=101699
> But we have to wait for the next release.

  Sorry, but why do we have to wait to check in features? More than 3 months
have passed and I don't know if someone else remembers that this issue was
still not resolved.

  This scenario doesn't happen for instance in Bazaar's development, where a
tool tracks the patches from the mailing list that are waiting to be merged.
See: http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/

  I look forward to the day when Emacs development focuses on an easy
repository and bug tracker so that we can better control issues and patches...

Daniel