RE: Emacs manual nodes about text replacement

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs manual nodes about text replacement
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:36:58 -0800

> I can't find none of the text that you are referring to.
> What version do you use?

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2008-11-08 on LENNART-69DE564
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/g/include
-fno-crossjumping'

> Recently Yidong rewrote many parts of the documentation, so
> please refer to a newer version.

Looking at the CVS version today, it seems to reflect the same structure. Here
is the Replace node's menu:

* Unconditional Replace::       Replacing all matches for a string.
* Regexp Replace::              Replacing all matches for a regexp.
* Replacement and Case::        How replacements preserve case of letters.
* Query Replace::               How to use querying.

IOW, it starts out with unconditional replace etc., as I said.

What part of what I wrote is unclear to you?