The frame parameter 'alpha

From: Seiji Zenitani
Subject: The frame parameter 'alpha
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:28:41 -0500

Hi,

I noticed that the frame opacity behavior has been changed.

If the user sets
  (set-frame-parameter nil 'alpha '(nil 60))
the frame opacity remains opaque (100%).
Then, when the user selects another frame
emacs changes the frame opacity to 60%.
However, when the user selects the original frame again,
the frame opacity remains to be 60% because emacs does nothing.
So, the active alpha nil has two different states.

Previously, nil was similar to "default" values.
In the case of active alpha nil, the frame always remains opaque.
In the case of inactive frames, nil means "the same as active frames".
I prefer the previous behavior.  Any idea?

--
Seiji Zenitani
address@hidden