Re: quit-window is broken

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: quit-window is broken
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:11:51 -0500

martin rudalics wrote:
 > A recent change broke quit-window:
 > I have it bound to f9, and when I hit f9 I now get this:
 >
 > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
 >   get-buffer(nil)
 >   switch-to-buffer(nil)
 >   quit-window(nil)
 >   call-interactively(quit-window nil nil)

I changed this because it didn't do anything when you had two windows on
a frame, one of them was dedicated, and you wanted to delete that
window.  Later Juanma dedected that I had changed its semantics and I
rewrote it once more.

Does it still happen with today's sources?  If so, please give me a
precise recipe so I can reproduce it.

it does happen to me with the current cvs head - always, whether I have 10 or 2 or 1 windows in the frame. alas, this does not happen with "emacs -q", so I guess I will have to investigate further.