Re: rendering on gnu/linux

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: rendering on gnu/linux
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:53:55 +0100

dhruva> A simple way to reproduce: 1. Run vanilla emacs in window mode
dhruva> on GNU/Linux 2. Open some 'C' file with font-lock enabled 3.
dhruva> Keep pressing C-l repeatedly, you will see lines appearing and
dhruva> disappearing randomly.

unable to reproduce on my box. Maybe related to your experience, I can
see that since emacs 23 the screen is flickering a lot whenever lines
move, but they are alway properly drawn at the end. Do anybody else see
this also ?

Test box : fairly standard ubuntu, with a radeon and default free
drivers.

X.Org X Server 1.5.2
Release Date: 10 October 2008
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0