Re: Emacs 21/22: french ç and œ

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Emacs 21/22: french ç and œ
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:20:13 +0000 (UTC)

Uwe Brauer <oub <at> mat.ucm.es> writes:

> As for ispell: I am not sure whether this can be solved on the level of
> lisp or whether somehow the ispell code itself has to be modified.

Sorry for being late here, my mail is failing in a regular basis.

For ispell.el, you need to have a dictionary supporting 'œ'. IIRC, aspell french
dict is declared as latin1 and has oe as two chars, so 'œ' as a single char will
not work.

For ispell depends on the dict you are using, if it contains 'œ', adding an
entry to ispell-local-dictionary-alist with that char and its uppercase in
casechars and not-casechars should help. Check in your distro, as that may have
been already added.