Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:20:54 +0200

> Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:11:45 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> Cc: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> How about something in the direction of the attached patch?

Thanks, but could you perhaps describe in a few words what is this
supposed to do?  I'm too busy these days to find time to play with
patches.  What use cases does this support?  What will it show for the
monster commits like the on in lisp/org a few days ago, where the same
function in the same file could be mentioned several times in the same
log message?  What will it show for change logs like the one below,
assuming I'm looking for the log entries of kmacro-edit-lossage?

    2008-10-11  Romain Francoise  <address@hidden>

            * help.el (view-lossage): Fix docstring, lossage is now 300 keys.
            * kmacro.el (kmacro-edit-lossage): Ditto.
            * edmacro.el (edit-kbd-macro): Ditto.