Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/src ChangeLog

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs/src ChangeLog
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:17:21 +0100

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 16:12, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure what your statement means.  Does it mean 872/1179 etc are
> effectively fixed even though it was not your intention, or that they
> still need separate fixes?

They don't need separate fixes, as they are, as of now, unreproducible
(at least, the five or six ways I know of reproducing #872 don't work
anymore).

It is likely Jason has really fixed the problem, because it started
happening a few days after this change:

2008-07-30  Jason Rumney  <address@hidden>

        * w32font.h (struct w32font_info): Use unicode version of textmetrics.

        * w32font.c (w32font_encode_char): Leave as unicode if in range.
        (w32font_open_internal): Get unicode version of textmetrics.
        Don't enable or disable glyph indices here.
        (w32font_open): Disable use of glyph indices.

        * w32uniscribe.c (uniscribe_open): Enable use of glyph indices.

  Juanma