Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: (featurep 'multi-tty) => t on Windows
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:23:13 +0100

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 13:54, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, I'd dare to submit that I cannot see any reason at all for
> providing `multi-tty' as a Lisp feature.  At the time, I asked several
> related questions here, and my conclusion from the responses was that
> almost all (if not plainly all) features added by multi-tty are (or
> are supposed to be) invoked through emacsclient.

It is apparently so, yes.

> Since emacsclient
> cannot test Emacs features

Not sure I understand what you mean:

 C:\> emacsclient --eval "(featurep 'multi-tty)"

> If I _am_ right, we should simply stop providing `multi-tty', while it
> is still not too late.

Perhaps; I'm not opposed to removing it. But I think that, if some
package author finds a use for it in the future, it will be cleaner to
check (featurep 'multi-tty) than (f?boundp whatever).

    Juanma