Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Switching to bzr: what remains to be done?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:00:00 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Karl,

> Progress report on the 4 bugs we've highlighted as blockers:
>
>    1) 'bzr log' only takes a single file argument
>        (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/211852)
>
>        Developer vila has commented in the bug, but there is no
>        timeline to fix it.  I'm asking vila whether he plans to.
>
>    2) 'bzr log SUBDIR' doesn't show all changes under SUBDIR
>        (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/97715)
>
>        Developer abentley has commented that this is hard (at least,
>        that's how I interpret "This isn't really practical without
>        changes to the inventory format.")  Is this one definitely a
>        blocker for us, or just a nice-to-have?

I don't have any bzr repository checked out currently, so I couldn't
test my assertion.  But reading the docs of bzr-1.10 it seems to me that
`bzr diff' only accepts files as arguments (no directories), too.

Maybe that could make syncing parts that also have an external
repository difficult.  One candidate suffering from that could be
org-mode, which resides at lisp/org/.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!