Re: Makefile.in lacks arch-tags?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Makefile.in lacks arch-tags?
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:57:02 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> Out of curiosity: why do all the Makefile.in files lack the arch-tag
> cookie?  I thought all the files in the repository should have them,
> no?

Arch can keep the tag info externally, though it is slightly useful.

In the case of Makefile.in, there's no good comment syntax to use ("#"
comments are not stripped during processing), so the external form is
used.

-Miles

--
Consult, v.i. To seek another's disapproval of a course already decided on.