Re: Moving to bzr?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 08:50:21 -0500

On 4 Jan 2009, at 07:42, dhruva wrote:

Not trying to start a flame thread, however I would like to update
some findings.
I am updating bzr from their development branch and hence have the
latest and greatest. When I run a 'bzr pull' on Emacs repo daily, it
is running for >15 mins versus less than 3 mins for git. This is a
serious usability issue. If more constructive feedback is required, I
could profile it send the output over time and see if things are
improving or status quo.

On a related note, I found similar delays with "log" and "log --short" with a branch stacked on the Emacs repo.
(Reported here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/309374)

To sum up, bzr log on a file from the Emacs repository (but on the stacked branch sitting in between) takes 1min20; "log --short" still takes 35sec.

This is with Bzr release 1.10, the latest repository formats (both for Emacs and for the stacked branch).