Re: Moving to bzr?

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:14:46 +0100

RMS>  There is a little: if bzr is not working fast enough, we will ask
RMS> the maintainers to improve it, and wait for them to do so before we
RMS> adopt it. But we are not going to switch to some other version
RMS> control system.

It has now been asked for some time already, and some people are already
using some other systems. I think a lot of people are now syncing with
the repository throught the git mirror because it works well and fast
enough. Even with an official bzr repository, we will see public git and
mercurial clones, and people using them. I really hope core developers
will have a convenient mean to pull from other developers git or
mercurial repositories, because dVCS is all about pulling from others,
not asking them to push somewhere.

--
  Paul