Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:14:06 +0200

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:06:39 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 22:01, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > (A port that shoves some advertisement into my face is not free in my
> > book, but that's me.)
>
> I don't like the advertisement, either. But they've been quite
> straightforward about it and have taken the pain to add ways (and even
> a FAQ) to get rid of it, so I think we can cut them some slack.

It's still an annoyance, and being straightforward about it doesn't
make it less so.  I wish they'd understand that they are hindering
every piece of Free Software out there that invokes CVS as its
back-end.  But since you or Martin already said that it's impractical
to ask them to revert that annoyance, I'm suggesting to fix VC instead
so that the official gnu.org ports could be used instead.