Re: Moving to bzr?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Moving to bzr?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 11:06:24 +0800

Stefan Monnier wrote:
As of now, Bzr doesn't do any line-end manipulation.
There's some work in progress to be able to do line-end conversions,
which seems like it may appear within the next 6 months or so.
Last I heard it didn't seem like we need such a feature for
Emacs's repository.

For Emacs, we want to keep line ends as they are in the repository when checking out to other platforms, and we trust developers to use Emacs for their editing, not some other editor that screws with line-endings.

As long as whatever bzr developers finally implement allows us to stay with this, without having to mark files as binary and lose the ability to do text diffs, then it will be an improvement over cvs.