Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Option to customize the -m message flag of cvs?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:18:58 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

PS: We could go one step further and automatically detect that it's
CVSNT and it supports -M and automatically use -M over -m, thus
defeating CVSNT's advertisement.

with all due respect, I find the whole idea of polluting emacs logs with spam so objectionable, that I suggest that emacs detect cvsnt and _refuse_ to work with it outright - the same way emacs might refuse to work with any other malware.

But this may simply lead to CVSNT
using some other means of getting its advertisement message in some
future version.

exactly!
a firm position that spamware is not supported would be better, IMO.