Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Add lgrep/rgrep commands to Edit > Search submenu
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:42:49 -0800 (PST)

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

  > Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > >> Additionally, how about having a key for rgrep (and lgrep, too)?  For
  > >> instance, how about C-x d for rgrep? (Assuming C-x C-f effectively
  > >> obsoletes M-x dired)
  > >
  > > Of course, removing old bindings is no-no, but fortunately we have
  > > a spare key prefix map M-g for grep commands.
  >
  > Nice idea:
  >
  > M-g l => lgrep
  > M-g r => rgrep

These are nice

  > M-g f -> grep-find
  > M-g e -> grep

But these don't seem very useful for most users given the 2 above, if
the user really really knows he wants to use these, they know how to do
their own bindings.  And we don't want to spend to use too many key
bindings for "grep" related things, there might be other useful things
to bind.

Just my 2 cents.