Re: Recognize mbox files?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Recognize mbox files?
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:39:03 +0900

>  > > What is wrong with using real local variables?
>
> Nothing.  The main issue is that you may not want to use the
> -*- stuff -*- hack since you do not want to touch the From_ line.

I see no reason _not_ to use the From_ line... it rarely contains
anything particularly valuable (other than the "From_" prefix which
marks it as a separator), and since its syntax isn't well-defined, any
information that _is_ there is only ever used for human perusal -- and
appending a -*- variable doesn't cause problems for humans.

-Miles

--
Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish
their lack of understanding.