Re: buffer-swap-text and multibyteness

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: buffer-swap-text and multibyteness
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:12:11 +0200

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:52:00 +0900
> Please try your method with this mail.
> Here, I enter Japanese "Hello":
>    こんにちは
> And, here I enter base64-encoded Latin-1 text:
> +iD7IPwg/SD+IP8K
> And, I send this message itself using charset=iso-2022-jp.

You are right, rmail-cease-edit was too naive in selecting the correct

I think I fixed your use-case now, please try.  After base64 decoding
the Latin-1 text and manually decoding the text with
decode-coding-region, if buffer-file-coding-system cannot safely
encode the message, Emacs will ask you to select a safe encoding when
you type C-c C-c.  You can also set the correct encoding manually
before you type C-c C-c.  The charset= header is rewritten as needed,
as part of putting the modified message back into the message
collection buffer.