weird documentation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: weird documentation
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:33:00 +0900

GNU Emacs (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.7) of
2009-03-03 on dhlpc061

If I do C-h v x-select-enable-clipboard RET, it says that variable comes
from the file .../x-win.el; and if look at the definition (following the
hyperlink in *Help*), indeed I see:

   (defcustom x-select-enable-clipboard nil
     "Non-nil means cutting and pasting uses the clipboard.
   This is in addition to, but in preference to, the primary selection."

Ok, great -- however the docstring given in *Help*, is _different_!  It says:

   x-select-enable-clipboard is a variable defined in `x-win.el'.
   Its value is t

   Non-nil means cutting and pasting uses the clipboard.
   This is the default on this system, since MS-Windows does not
   support other types of selections.

That seems to be the docstring meant for MS windows, ... dunno how that
got in there...

Future, n. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends
are true and our happiness is assured.