Re: Pretest next week

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Pretest next week
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 09:48:09 +0900

>> This causes a reentrant call to wait_reading_process_output, thence
>> a reentrant call to ns_select.  I've added a check in the latter to
>> shortcircuit in the reentrant case.

> I'm anxious whether the former reentrance (i.e.,
> wait_reading_process_output) is safe.

Because wait_reading_process_output also calls timer_check, its
reentrance would probably be OK.

Still, I think Feval calls from read_socket_hook and (emulated) select
are really bad.  Most developers assume that these functions (and some
higher-level ones such as detect_input_pending) don't call Feval, and
they may add some code without noticing that NS breaks such
assumptions.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden