Re: custom-theme-set-faces broken by --daemon ?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: custom-theme-set-faces broken by --daemon ?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 23:44:07 -0400

Mike Mattie <address@hidden> writes:

> In my configuration file for the gui I use custom-theme-set-faces.
> I recently started experimenting with --daemon mode.
> To get the gui customization to load correctly I have placed the loading
> of that configuration file on after-make-frame-functions.
> Unfortunately I get "color not defined".
> Is this a bug ?

Your description is rather sketchy, but what I guess is happening is
that you are trying to access a color that is not defined under tty
mode.  When Emacs is started in daemon mode, it opens a "tty" frame that
is disconnected from any input or output.  The color definitions in
`x-color' are not loaded until you create a graphical frame.