Re: How to run code after a dired buffer is fully initialized?

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: How to run code after a dired buffer is fully initialized?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 00:17:19 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> This works quite well, but I would like dired to remember the line
> point was on the last time I visited that directory, and to go to that
> line when I come back. I tried to use a hashtable
> (`th-dired-dir-line-map') mapping the directory to the line number.
> The remembering part works (`th-dired-save-line'), but I cannot find
> out where I should call `th-dired-goto-line'.

[dired.el]

    (defun dired-initial-position (dirname)
      ;; Where point should go in a new listing of DIRNAME.
      ;; Point assumed at beginning of new subdir line.
      ;; You may redefine this function as you wish, e.g. like in dired-x.el.
      (end-of-line)
      (if dired-trivial-filenames (dired-goto-next-nontrivial-file)))