Re: ftx font driver [Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: ftx font driver [Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)]
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:01:04 -0400

> I don't know how many systems have X but not Xft, but if
> there exists such a system, ftx backend is still necessary.

You mean

   I don't know how many systems have X and freetype but not Xft, but if
   there exists such a system, ftx backend is still useful.

I think it's perfectly OK to say "if you have X and freetype, either
install xft, or live without anti-aliasing".  IIUC that means I'd get
rid of the ftx backend.

        Stefan