Re: 23/NS: redraws according to mouse-face are slow

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: 23/NS: redraws according to mouse-face are slow
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:32:43 -0400

On May 5, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Chong Yidong wrote:

Could either your or David check in the nsterm.m fix, assuming no other
problems turn up with it?

I will test it for a day or two, but check it in soon.

I still think there are other places where the same technique would be beneficial, but they would be outside of ns*.m, albeit in #ifdefs. From the sound of your messages, I take it we'll hold off on that.

Getting back to Ian's original point: Overall, if we were to release now, I would consider the NS port "usable", but "experimental" rather than "stable".