Initialisation of dired-x for install-info guessing

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Initialisation of dired-x for install-info guessing
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 21:01:26 +0200

Hello,

I am suggesting the following lines addition to initialisation of
dired-guess-shell-alist-default:

--8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<-----8<---
;; info files
(list "\.info$"
      (cond
       ((eq system-type 'windows-nt)
        "for %i in ( * ) do install-info \"%i\" \"%~pi\\dir\"")
       (t ; bash
        "for i in  * ; do p=`dirname \"$i\"`;install-info $i $p/dir\"; done"))
)

I had proposed to Karl Berry to document this trick in the TeXinfo
manual, but he suggested that having this within Emacs would be a better
alternative.

I have tested the MSWindows command: it works fine for
me. However, I am unsure about the bash one.

Best regards,
   Vincent.