RE: Initialisation of dired-x for install-inf o guessing‏

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: Initialisation of dired-x for install-inf o guessing‏
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:09:55 +0200

> Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:55:11 +0300
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Initialisation of dired-x for install-info guessing‏
>
> > From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Vincent_Bela=EFche?= <address@hidden>
> > Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 07:15:37 +0200
> >
> > 2) I append a tailing "&& Rem " so that the argument, say foo.info, that
> > is appended after the command name is ignored.
>
> And, of course, older Windows shells don't know about &&, either.

Yes MS-DOS has always been better at making people invent work-arounds than at providing useful functions. I am not even sure that it is correct to use the word "shell" in calling it -- doesn't "shell" mean that there is a kernel/shell layering ?

Well, maybe a pipe `|' could be used instead of a &&. I am not sure from when the pipe was available ...

Otherwise that may call for dired-x being able to inteprete other objects than strings for the command guesses, like in my suggestion for some

(litterally CMD)

list.

Anyhow, heroes brave enough for both installing manually info files and using old version of MSDOSs are certainly so good at computer science, that they don't need the assistence of dired-x guess ;-).

   Vincent.

Votre correspondant a choisi Hotmail et profite d’un stockage quasiment illimité. Créez un compte Hotmail gratuitement !