Re: obby

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: obby
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:02:38 -0400

> But could we conditionally link against it?  Use it if it is there, and
> have Ebby simply return errors otherwise, while the rest of Emacs would
> be unaffected?

It is true that we could do the same as we do for image libraries
in w32: it gets dynamically loaded at runtime, but only if present, and
the dynamic loading is specific to that library, so it can't be used for
arbitrary non-GPL'd code.
Having a real, generic dynamic-loading solution would be better, but
that would be a good stop-gap.

        Stefan