Emacs on Windows keeps complaining: the directory ... is unsafe.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Emacs on Windows keeps complaining: the directory ... is unsafe.
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 18:11:43 +0200

Yesterday I refreshed my build of Emacs CVS on a Windows machine after
some months and it keeps complaining:

error: The directory d:/home/.emacs.d/server is unsafe

when calling server-start. I see no references to this problem on News
or Known Problems.

Is there a cure for this? What I did until now is remove the check on
server.el, but this is hardly acceptable for the common user.

--
Óscar