Re: C-h, F1, Backspace, and splash screen

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: C-h, F1, Backspace, and splash screen
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 19:06:31 -0400

On 5/28/2009 6:44 PM, David Robinow wrote:
But really, what is your use case? I don't really see any point in
running cygwin emacs unless it's under X.

I personally use emacs under X almost exclusively. But some cygwin users like to use emacs in a terminal. And I occasionally find it useful to do that also (for instance, when I use ssh address@hidden to simulate 'su' in order to make a quick edit). As the emacs maintainer for cygwin, I'm trying to make this work as well as possible.

 If you have cygwin, you have Windows.
 If you have Windows, use the native Emacs.

This is a matter of personal preference. For the kinds of things that I do, I find it more convenient to use cygwin emacs.

Ken