Re: Symbol's value as a variable is void: marker

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Symbol's value as a variable is void: marker
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:50:58 +0200

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman writes:
>
>  > Thanks, yes, but the node
>  >
>  >    (info "(elisp) Backquote")
>  >
>  > gives me the impression that this only works in macros, because the
>  > node is located under macros.
>
> I guess you would be more likely to find it under cons cells and list
> structure?

I think it would fit better under "(elisp) Quoting" and I see now that
there is a reference now to "(elisp) Backquotes" from that node.

Maybe the only thing that is needed is that "(elisp) Backquotes"
mentions that it is not only for macros and that the "(elisp) Quoting"
got a small example of the use of backquote. I think that would help
those new to lisp/elisp very much.