Re: State of Emacs repository backup

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: State of Emacs repository backup
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:50:04 -0400

Should it prove useful, I have an rsync of the CVS repository (updated
twice a day) that seems to include everything from emacs-diffs except
the May 29 changes to src/coding.c and associated ChangeLog.

Diffing this against the backup-20090529-incomplete provided by

reveals some other differences - there seem to be a few missing
top-level CVSROOT files in the Savannah 20090529 backup, as well as a
missing emacs/nt/inc/sys/CVS/fileattr.

The diff is small and is attached.

The context diff against the Savannah 20090429 backup is ~ 80000
lines, I haven't examined it. I'm not sure if the Savannah RAID
problems mean there might be some corrupted files in the 20090529
backup and in my copy that would make this a worthwhile exercise?