Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:37:05 +0900

Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> writes:
> Having talked to some people on the XMonad mailing list, it seems that
> it is probably Emacs that has the bug in this case. I'm starting Emacs
> using "emacs -Q" with .Xdefaults and .Xresources completely empty and
> even then things are off! Could it be anything else on my computer
> breaking this? This is when using a fresh CVS checkout.

Can you provide an exact recipe for recreating the problem?

As .Xresources is merely used to initialize the server's resource
database, are you sure that's happening?

Try the following:

   cd /tmp
   xrdb -remove
   echo 'Emacs*Font: Monospace 9' | xrdb
   HOME=/tmp emacs -Q &

-Miles

--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."