emacs 23 is very slow when displaying long strings

From: Alex Ott
Subject: emacs 23 is very slow when displaying long strings
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:03:58 +0200

Hello

For a some time i have following problem with Emacs 23 - I compile C++ code
from Emacs, and when gcc produce very long warnings (or errors) for
templates, then Emacs is almost hangs trying to show them in buffer.  I use
spirit library, and warnings with lines of size 20-30k of chars is normal
situation.

How we can fix this problem?

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA