Re: [CEDET-devel] Switching CEDET from CVS to a Distributed VCS.

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: [CEDET-devel] Switching CEDET from CVS to a Distributed VCS.
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:19:21 -0400

On Jun 25, 2009, at 4:44 AM, Lennart Borgman wrote:

Thanks David, hope you do not mind I am sending this along to Emacs Devel.

Are these problems still there? In that case they might be very
important for the time scale when switching Emacs to using Bazaar.

Please disregard my forwarded message.  It was intended to be private.

While I have a technical opinion as a result from evaluating the software, I would be the last one to voice it publicly in this way when it could discourage developers of a free, well-intentioned, commendable effort like Bazaar, who have shown friendly responsiveness and professionalism on their mailing list in the past. Let's be outspoken in private and/or whenever it serves a purpose.

The decision for Emacs has been made and other, related projects and developers may now either live with it or work around it (see also Miles' message). In fact if there are some fellow Git users, perhaps one could exchange Git/Bzr integration strategies by e-mail. Drop me a line and I will bring people together to coordinate.