Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 18:52:36 -0400

    For composing MIME message, there's the `mml' library (see
    lisp/gnus/mml*.el) and (info "(emacs-mime)Composing").

mml.el says

    ;;; mml.el --- A package for parsing and validating MML documents

It does not say that it can be used for composing them.
Is the comment erroneous?

According to the documentation in "(emacs-mime)Composing",
one must put certain text in the buffer
which then gets converted to Mime parts,

Maybe that is convenient for some cases, but what I would like
is a simpler command that just attaches a file.

Has anyone written such a thing?

Bob Chassell wrote:

    Marc Andreessen wrote Emacs Lisp to add gif, jpeg, postscript,
    raw-binary, and raw-nonbinary in 1992 in MIME and in 1993-95 Masanobu
    UMEDA wrote Emacs Lisp to edit MIME text messages.

Does any of that do the simple thing I would like?