Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow again under Windows)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:30:16 +0200

> If you have the time, try reverting to previous versions (e.g. `cvs up
> -Pd -D 2009-01-01') and find out which checkin introduced the problem.
> A binary search should narrow it down quite quickly.

I don't compile it myself, instead I rely on the precompiled pretests
over at alpha.gnu.org. But maybe I will find the time to download them
all and test, to narrow it down at least somewhat.

Considering the results of my Dired experiments, does it suggest the
problem is in some low level file listing function someplace?