RE: C-x C-v considered harmful

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: RE: C-x C-v considered harmful
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 00:05:06 -0400

   From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:21:49 -0700

   > I have no opinion about a more general option.

   Nor I.

Personally, I think I would be content if we added a query only for
active process buffers.

   . . .

   FWIW, I've been taking advantage of `kill-buffer''s lack of query for
   process buffers as a _feature_, to avoid having to type `yes' (or is
   it `y'?) when I kill Emacs to confirm that I want to kill any active
   processes. I've gotten in the habit of using `C-x k' or `C-x C-v'
   when I'm through with a *shell* buffer, for instance. (Yes, I realize
   that's as much typing as `yes'/`y', but it somehow feels less
   annoying.) ;-)

I just type "quit RET" to the shell.  And if I'm in an SSH session with
open tunneled connections, it won't exit immediately, so I'm reminded
that I have other state to take care of before doing C-x C-c.

                                        -- Bob